On May 23, 1814, Chauncey and Cleopatra Case set off from Granby, CT to farm the virgin land purchased from the Connecticut Land Company. Their unsprung covered wagon was pulled by 2 horses with a milk cow tethered behind. The Cases had 5 children with a sixth on the way. On the 4th of July, they arrived in Hudson. There was a log house already on the property. The family started clearing the land for farming and built a kiln to make brick used for their home and to sell to others include the Western Reserve College (now the Western Reserve Academy). Click on the thumbnail to display the full-size image in a separate window.
- Join & Give
- Contact Us