Next to the 1890 era barn, there are 2 milk houses. The white “electrified” milk house was built around 1940.
According to family history, during WWII, a rabbi from Akron lived at the farm and used the older water-cooled red milk house to provide kosher milk to his congregation.
The red milk house needed to be removed to make foundation repairs to the barn. All the pieces and measurements were preserved in order to rebuild the milk house. Now that the foundation is fixed, it is planned to reconstruct the original milk house.