In 1814, the Case Family came from Granby, Connecticut, and lived in a log cabin across the street. The house was built with brick made onsite and was one of the first brick homes west of Pittsburgh. The wooden addition was built in 1846.
Five consecutive generations of the same family lived and maintained the dairy farm. Over the years, much of the farm's 418 acres was sold to General Motors (now Jo-Ann Fabrics and Craft Stores). In 1995, Don Barlow donated the remaining property to the First Congregational Church. A non-profit group was formed to save the historic buildings as Case-Barlow Farm. The citizens of Hudson approved a ballot measure to buy the surrounding land for a park.